Clothing made to be worn in Hangleton, an archaeological reconstruction of a flint and timber house from the deserted medieval village of Hangleton, East Sussex. It is thought that the house was in use from about 1250 to about 1325. The house is presented as it might have been around 1310.
The man wears a quilted linen cap (worn tied or untied), an undyed woollen overtunic over a rough, loose hemp shirt, woollen ‘braies’ and woollen leg cloths with woollen ties.
The woman wears a linen headcloth, an undyed woollen surcote with contrast stitching and a yellow woollen kirtle (dyed using Alderbuckthorn bark).